1. The Agreement and Definitions
1.1 We agree to sell, and you agree to buy Sessions on the terms and conditions set out below.
1.2 “Session” means the session or course for which your child is booked, including all related learning materials, support and tuition.
2. Fees and Payment
2.1 The fees shown include the cost of postage for any materials within, but not outside, the UK. Postal charges, which differ from country to country, will be quoted at the time of booking.
2.2 All fees are refundable if you email up to 24 hours of the session start time. After this time refunds will only be made in exceptional circumstances.
2.3 If paying by monthly instalments, you agree (and are legally liable) to pay all instalments, unless you cancel in writing by email up to 7 days prior to your next monthly instalment. We may not be able to cancel if we receive your cancellation within the 7 days before your payment is due.
2.4 Instalment payments must be completed within 7 days of receipt, otherwise access to the sessions will be revoked.
3. Services Provided
During the period of your session, we will provide your child or you (adult sessions) with support and tuition to enable you to complete the session. Homework tasks may be occassionally set for regular learners and completion of this is optional.
4. Parents’ Agreement Parents agree to support their children attending a session with Starseed Learning including:
- Downloading & Logging into Zoom, the Starseed Learning Host system.
- Providing adult supervision for their child during sessions where adult supervision has been stated as a requirement.
- Seeking help from the child’s Tutor/Session Facilitator when needed.
- That they will be with their child full time during the session if the child’s needs require this.
5. Change of Session
5.1 If your child wishes to transfer to a different Session at any stage, we will provide every assistance if the request is received 24 hours prior to the start time on the original session that the child is booked onto.
5.2 In this event we will transfer the fees paid towards the new session.
6. Warranties and Limitation of Liability
6.1 We warrant that we will provide your child or you (for any adult sessions provided) with all services with reasonable skill and care.
6.2 We shall not be liable for injury to anyone or for any damage caused during practical science experiments performed at home or elsewhere. No harmful or toxic substances are required for any of the practical work, and parents are responsible for ensuring the safety of the environment in which their child is working.
6.3 We shall not be liable for: (a) losses that were unforeseeable by both parties when this Agreement was made; (b) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part.
6.4 Our liability for direct losses arising out of our negligence, breach of contract or any other cause of action in connection with this Agreement shall be limited to the total amount that you have paid for the Session.
6.5 Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all downloadable files are virus free, we cannot be held liable for systems problems due to viruses. We strongly recommend that you install all necessary virus protection software before your child commences sessions with us, and keep it regularly updated.
7. Session Suspension
Starseed Learning reserves the right to suspend a child’s access to sessions for inappropriate behaviour or where it deems that continuation would no longer be in the child’s interest.
12. Copyright All course materials provided are the property of Starseed Learning and are supplied solely for the use of whoever is attending our sessions. By applying for a session, you agree that the session material will not be used for any other purposes.
Starseed Learning 2020 # All Rights Reserved